AZ Pandemic Numbers Summary for the Seven Days Ending June 1: Could it be Worse than it Looks?

 

Here are the Arizona pandemic numbers and graph of statewide cases for the seven day period ending yesterday:



Welp, last week I thought the early warning indicators might be leveling off but this week we see they are clearly headed back upward again. Hospitalizations are continuing to increase, but I don't think at the rate they were at the beginning of the year (I will try to compare the rates for next week's report).

Case rates are up. Last week I did a post about how I'm seeing so many cases in my social circle, really more than at any other time in the pandemic. 

In that post I cited a researcher who guestimated cases were eight times higher than what are being reported. Today I saw this rticle about a not-yet-reviewed study that says they are 30 times higher!

If that is true then we are at a case rate similar to January. And if so then the hospitalization rate looks pretty good.

A couple of notes about the table: I changed to a Mayo Clinic site for the positive test percentage because it looks like Sonora Quest quit updating their dashboard a couple of weeks ago. Also Mohave County has been added to the BioBot dashboard so I am including them in the table.

Posts from the Last Seven Days you May Have Missed


Popular posts from this blog

Looks Like Immune Responses are Enduring After All

Another One Bites the Dust

AZ Pandemic Numbers Summary for the Seven Days Ending November 9: Everything is Going South