Does Your Physician Have Your Vaccination Record?

 

This will be a short post today. I'm giving you an assignment and you'll need time to work on it. 

Does anybody but you have a copy of your vaccination record? It never occurred to me before I read this helpful article from CNN, but since I did not get my vaccination at my physician's office, it may not be part of my medical record.

The simple solution is to get a copy of your vaccination certificate to your physician. You can take it along next time you have an appointment and let them copy it.

My physician now has an online patient portal, as I think many do. I was able to take a pic of my vaccination record and upload it to that portal so they can add it to my record.

Individual states also maintain immunization records.  There is a list here. I went to the link for Arizona, and on the page found a link for Arizona myIR which is apparently a database maintained by/for the state. 

I set up an account and it matched my existing records.  Much to my surprise, my COVID-19 shots were already listed. This changes my mind a little about arguments I've made in previous posts that "vaccination passports" aren't practical because the certificates are easy to fabricate.

Oh, and I also found out that I am overdue for boosters for a number of other diseases. Gotta get that taken care of. Lockjaw sounds like like a pretty horrible way to die!

Image by vjohns1580 from Pixabay 

Popular posts from this blog

Looks Like Immune Responses are Enduring After All

Another One Bites the Dust

AZ Pandemic Numbers Summary for the Seven Days Ending November 9: Everything is Going South